Thomas B. Schreibel, Partner
In his role as partner in Michael Best Strategies’ Washington, D.C. office, Tom utilizes his expertise in legislative and executive processes to advance client interests through development and implementation of political, legislative, and public affairs strategies.
Prior to joining Strategies, Tom served as vice president of government and industry affairs at Sheehan Family Companies, a national beverage distribution company. There, he developed and executed strategies surrounding the company’s business practices, managed tracking of relevant policy activity for 15 state legislatures and Washington, D.C., and managed relationships and communication with industry leaders, legislators, and elected officials.
He was previously chief of staff and committee professional staff member for Congressman F. James Sensenbrenner Jr., overseeing the Washington, D.C. and district offices, supervising legislative, political, communications, and campaign strategies, and advising the congressman on all aspects of office policy. In this role, Tom designed the approved 2000 Wisconsin congressional redistricting plan. While working with Congressman Sensenbrenner, he also served as district director and scheduler.
- Member, Board of Directors, National Beer Wholesalers Association
- Platform Committee Member and Delegate to the 2016 Republican National Convention, Subcommittee Vice Chair
- Vice Chair, Wisconsin Republican Party, 2014-present
- Volunteer, Lake Keesus Advancement Association, 1999- present
- Delegate, Republican Party of Waukesha County, 1985-present
- Volunteer, Sensenbrenner for Congress Committee, 1984-present
- Volunteer on numerous statewide and legislative campaigns
- Board Member and Chair, Long-term Planning Committee, Lake Country Swim Team, 2006-2009
- Team Walk Leader, Southeastern Wisconsin Juvenile Diabetes Association, 2002-present
- Carthage College, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Criminal Justice, 1986
Sarah C. Helton, Senior Advisor
Sarah Helton is Senior Advisor for Michael Best Strategies with more than ten years of experience in federal policy and politics. Sarah leads the development and implementation of federal legislative and regulatory strategies on behalf of clients in the manufacturing, transportation, energy, and education industries. She advises and works with clients on maximizing opportunities and mitigating challenges before the government, whether it is through legislation, regulation, or stakeholder engagement. Working with Strategies’ federal and state teams, she provides clients with a full range of services related to public policy strategy, with a focus on government relations, lobbying, strategic business planning, and public relations.
Prior to joining Strategies, Sarah served as Regulatory Counsel at ASTM International. In this role, Helton supported the Office Global Policy and Industry Affairs on legal, legislative, and regulatory matters. She researched, analyzed, and advised on current and emerging federal policy matters that affected diverse industries, including energy, environment, transportation, technology, and trade. Sarah also assisted the General Counsel on intellectual property, litigation, employment, and contract issues. She authored numerous comments in response to federal rulemakings and an amicus brief to the World Trade Organization. Given Sarah’s legal and political experiences, she has developed key relationships and partnerships with various public and private stakeholders.
Sarah also worked at the National Beer Wholesalers Association and served on the Republican National Committee’s Finance team throughout the 2008 Presidential election cycle.
- George Mason University School of Law (Juris Doctor)
- University of Wisconsin – Madison (B.A., Pol. Science and History)
- Women in Government Relations
- Women’s Energy Network
- American School Health Association, Board of Directors