Bar Administration (13203FB)-
This course covers how to better control your bar business through implementation and use of best practices..
Course Lessons and Objectives:
Lesson 1: Cost of Goods Sold Management
- Utilize volume discounts.
- Perform pricing/costing reviews.
- Implement prep and par lists.
- Manage waste effectively.
- Evaluate portioning issues such as collar size and measured shots.
Lesson 2: Internal Controls
- Learn the optimum number of times for taking inventory.
- Evaluate the value of bottle beer counts.
- Construct procedures to discourage theft.
- Protect cash through cash drawer controls.
- Establish comp and void procedures.
Lesson 3: Inventory Management
- Designate seasonal inventory adjustments.
- Utilize slow moving products.
- Add popular products.
- Determine who completes and calculates inventory value.
- Utilizing inventory value to calculate COGS.
Lesson 4: Policies, Checks & More
- Re-evaluate existing bar staff policies.
- Consider the use of security cameras in the bar area.
- Select shoppers’ services that enhance best practices.
- Evaluate current hiring disciplines.
- Prepare checklists for bar usage.