This call for speakers is for the 2021 International Bowl Expo in Louisvile, KY, June 20-24, 2021.
Please do not cut and paste from MSWord files into the form (Note: All formatting is stripped from the submission).
In this Post-Pandemic environment education will be a primary focus as next year many will gather for the first time since the global shutdown to learn new skills and the best practices that can be put into place at bowling centers
around the world. In an effort of continuous improvement, we are again using the process in which educational speakers are selected for the upcoming Bowl Expo starting with a Call for Speakers. We encourage submissions early as the cutoff will not
be extended. We have limited spot available as some of the speakers from the cancelled 2020 event will be retained for this years event. If you were booked to speak in 2020, there is no need to resubmit. However, if you submitted for the 2020 and
were not selected we encourage you to resubmit since the needs for speakers has changed greatly in the past year.
If you would like to be considered as a speaker
Bowl Expo 2021, please complete the "Call for Speakers" submission by completing the form. All fields must be completed within the field limitations in order for your
submission to be considered.
If selected as a speaker for 2021:
- Complete Bowl Expo Registration ̶ $399 Value
- A Compensation Package (including travel when applicable)
A limited number of non-industry compensation packages are being made available for 2021. Please contact
Kelly@bpaa.com or 800-343-1329 ext 8462 for all inquiries.
If you are not a presenter but have an associate, know of someone that would like to be considered, or you think would be an asset to have present as a speaker for International Bowl Expo 2021, please feel free to forward this link to any and all interested parties. The "Call for Speakers" will close 9-30-2020.
All completed proposals are reviewed by BPAA Leadership, BPAA-Bowling University Education Team and Committee Members. Speakers will be notified by December 1st, 2020.
The deadline for the 2021 Call for Presentations is Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
The IBE education program is the leader in the bowling industry for sharing ideas, exploring new concepts and introducing attendees to the latest knowledge, trends, technology and best practices in the attractions business.
IBE Education program attendees are owners, operators, management and key staff members of traditional bowling centers and bowling based entertainment centers. The majority of attendees are also buyers at the trade show. Other audience members
will be staff from various departments and responsibilities within the facility.
Subject Areas Include but are not limited to
- League Development
- Customer Experiences
- Bowling Entertainment Centers
- Food & Bar Service
- Sales & Revenue Generators
- Digital Marketing/Social Media
- Increasing Profits through Cost Savings
- Staff Development
- Personal Skills
- Bowler Development
Proposal Submission Process
- Please note the speaking date is June 22, 2021.
- Complete and submit the online Call for Presentations Form.
- Please be sure to review & verify all information before submitting entry as information you submit may be published and used in marketing materials.
- Please do not cut and paste from MSWord files into the form (Note: All formatting is stripped from the submission).
- Submit the proposal by September 30, 2020.
- All proposals will be acknowledged with an email confirmation and summary of your submission. proposals will be reviewed by December 2020.
Please contact our Education Department after December 31, 2020 date if you have not received a response.
Proposal Review Process
Applications will be judged on their educational merits, relevance and timeliness for the industry, and prior survey results (if applicable). By December 31st 2020, an email will be sent to each Applicant notifying them of the final selection
status of their proposal.
Through the various processes, the following criteria will be used in determining which topics will be included in the program:
- Is the content current and practical?
- Is the topic useful to the audience?
- Will the topic be presented without marketing a specific product, brand, or service?
2021 Call for Speakers-Guidelines
This year, we will continue our pledge to “Go Green” and provide only paperless supplemental materials for our Education Sessions. All prospective 2021 speakers should familiarize themselves with the information below.
What BPAA-Bowling University and the International Bowl Expo expects from speakers:
- Provide electronic versions of appropriate slides, handouts, and/or other supplemental materials related to their session to Bowling University to be posted online for members and attendees to access. Materials must be provided in advance so
that PDF versions can be made available to attendees during the Expo. Speakers should be willing to commit to submitting electronic handout materials by June 1, 2021.
- Sessions may include a maximum of two (2) speakers per session.
- Speakers at IBE educational sessions are expected to provide educational presentations with no commercial influence. Sales and product promotions are strictly prohibited during IBE education sessions. Failure to comply will influence future
consideration of presentations.
- Speakers agree to their presentation being simulcast to mobile technology devices of attendees and therefore will be required to use supplied equipment and should plan to forward to BPAA their final presentation prior to the June 1, 2021
deadline and bring it on a USB device or external drive, as backup for any unforeseen incidents.
- Speakers grant IBE and Bowling University permission and rights to record their session and make the recording and materials available through bowlexpo.com and bowlinguniversity.net websites, BPAA managed social media and BPAA publications at
BPAA’s discretion, including for sale. If a speaker does not want their session recorded they must notify the Education Department in writing prior to and include it with the submission to the Call for Speakers, and receive written
acknowledgment that their request has been recorded.
- Speaker will be required to sign a speaking agreement provided by the BPAA. Compensation and/or travel (if applicable) will not be made unless fully executed agreement and W9 are on file.
What Speakers may expect from BPAA-Bowling University and the International Bowl Expo:
- We will notify all speakers submitting to the Call for Speakers by December 31, 2020 to advise them if their session has been selected for inclusion in 2021 IBE.
- We will provide the audio/visual equipment for each session. This will include: a computer connected to a projector, screen and audio, a speaker's podium with microphone, and a lavaliere microphone. Any further needs must be requested in writing
prior to the start of the 2021 IBE.
- We will provide attendees with access to electronic versions of the supplemental materials (including PDF versions of presentations, handouts, notes, etc) prior to the session. We will not print or distribute printed materials. You may print
your own copies at your own cost. Approximately 200 copies would be needed.
However we encourage your going “green” and posting your handouts with us prior to the event.
- We will strive to promote and acknowledge speakers and their sessions through the Bowlexpo.com website, emails and printed promotional materials.
- Upon completion of the 2021 IBE BPAA-Bowling University will send a complete summary of the speakers survey, feedback and scores in comparison to the average score for all the 2021 education sessions.